Looking to buy an Apple TV for your new home or as an add-on to your home theatre system? The fourth-generation Apple TV was introduced into the market last year but in 2016 it is the rage. Apple TV stands today as one of the premium devices on the market. With a polished interface and slick touchpad, the device easily distinguishes itself from its competitors. While it clearly trumps the competition in many aspects, it does have some limitations as well. Let us take you step by step through its features as well as the pros and cons to help you make the right choice.
|1||Apple TV (32GB, 4th generation)||Check Price At Amazon|
|2||2021 Apple TV 4K (32GB)||Check Price At Amazon|
|3||2021 Apple TV HD (32GB)||Check Price At Amazon|
|4||Apple TV||Check Price At Amazon|
|5||Episode One||Check Price At Amazon|
- The main feature that differentiates the fourth generation Apple TV from previous iterations is that it allows you to install apps from the app store. The device comes with several features that are quite appealing.
- It includes a USB-C port, Bluetooth, HDMI, and 10/100Mbit/s Ethernet. It lacks the optical audio output, present in previous models. The HDMI port is part of the 1.4 model, meaning that it cannot support 4K screen resolutions.
- The current system has support for 1080 video playback. This is a good resolution for streaming HD content and quality.
- The device also comes with 802.11ac Wi-Fi, which is sufficient to stream content over the internet or home network.
- Apple TV comes with a Siri remote, simply use your voice to find what you want to watch or use the touch Surface to navigate.
- The device is powered by an A8 processor. This is the same processor found in the iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6. It also has 2GB RAM, which is more power to run apps and games as compared to the older generation devices. Apple TV comes with either 32GB or 64GB storage.
- Apple TV delivers one of the best video experiences and comes with a very attractive interface.
- The device is quite responsive and fast.
- The device comes with a voice assistant capability that allows you to do a voice search and make commands.
- The app ecosystem has a wide selection of options, allowing you to customize your experience.
- Apple TV also supports various video providers such as YouTube, Netflix, and Vimeo.
- The interface has large icons, making it easy and seamless to go through content while browsing. If you prefer using a smartphone to control the device, there is a huge selection of apps on the App store that give you this access.
- Apple TV also has a home sharing feature that lets you watch movies from your laptop or PC iTunes collection. It allows you to play videos on your computer by clicking the ‘AirPlay’ button on iTunes, that sends the content to your Apple TV. You can so stream content from iCloud including your pictures, music, and videos.
- A major limitation of the Apple TV is its pricing.
- The lack of 4K support is also a limiting factor.
- The device is best enjoyed if you have other iOS devices. For example, you cannot use an app to control the Apple TV unless you have an Apple device.
- The on-screen keyboard is a little clumsy, and it can be tricky to type words while using the device.
Overall, Apple TV is an excellent media streamer in the market. Despite its premium price and limited choice of apps, it has many features that distinguish it from others. For those with iOS devices, the 4th generation Apple TV is an excellent gaming machine and media streamer. It has an appealing interface and comes with many innovative features, such as the ‘Siri’ remote, that allows you to use your voice to navigate the interface.