When buying a TV, especially in the 42 inch to 43-inch range, it can be challenging to find exactly what you are looking for. TVs in this size range tend to be very popular, so there are a lot of options out there, both good and buy. Some people tend to go for the cheapest option, which isn’t always a good idea. But shelling out extra cash for that name brand doesn’t always mean you’re getting quality, either.
Reviews of Top 5 Best 42 to 43 Inch TV in 2019
This guide will go over some of the best TVs of this size range, give you an idea of some of the best features to look out for, and even give you some tips for what you want to be avoiding.
JVC LT-42C550 42 Inch LED TV
- DTS TruSurround HD Technology
- 1920 x 1080 Screen Resolution
- 3 HDMI Inputs
- Built In Freeview
- Easy and Quick Setup
- Great Value for Price
- Slim Design
- Average Sound Quality
- Some Switch Off Without Prompt
- Average Picture Quality
This 42in TV is a high definition model that offers a really crisp and clear picture. Even though it’s not 4K, many people are pleased with the picture quality that it offers. It also has built in Freeview, so without a cable service you can get 12 HD channels, 60 standard definition channels, and 25 radio stations. There is no subscription fee required. It also has three HDMI ports, so you can connect all of your favourite devices at once.
- With a pixel perfect Full HD resolution, see your content with clarity and realistic colours. Whether you're a box set binger or a big-time gamer, the clear LED screen brings your entertainment to life. The virtually bezel-free screen keeps you focused on the content you watch, without any distracting borders.
- With Freeview Play, you can catch up on any show you've missed over the past 7 days, whenever you like. So, you can watch the programs you love on your own schedule.
- With the Fire TV experience built-in, enjoy thousands of apps, Alexa skills, and channels including Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Disney and more (subscription fees may apply).
- Fire TV Edition seamlessly integrates live broadcast TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen (TV aerial required).
- Easily control your TV with the included Voice Remote with Alexa—plus, launch apps, search for TV shows, play music, switch inputs, control compatible smart home devices, and more, using just your voice.
Hisense 43in Widescreen 4K 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD
- 4 K Ultra HD
- Built In Freeview
- High Quality Soundbar With Dual Subwoofers
- Smart TV Technology
- Great Value For Price
- Great Sound Quality
- No Lagging With Streaming
- Poor Picture Quality on Standard Definition Channels
- Menu is Slow
- Bulky Design
This TV is best known for its picture quality, because it has one of the best video technologies currently available–4 K Ultra HD. It has four times the number of pixels on the screen as your average TV. It’s also a smart TV, so you can connect to your Wi-Fi, download apps, and use built in streaming services, like Netflix and Hulu. If you don’t want to use a cable service, then this TV also has built in Freeview, which doesn’t’ require a subscription.
- Dolby Vision 4K HDR Certified with HLG - delivers highlights up to 40 times brighter and blacks 10 times darker.
- Unibody design with near bezel less design simplicity.
- Smooth motion rate 100 - for a smoother, more fluid on screen picture.
- Wide colour gamut - Wider range of shades on display.
- Dts studio sound - Volume levelling, bass enhancement, speaker EQ and dialog enhancement technology.
LG 43LH590V 43in Full HD Smart TV Wi-Fi LED TV
- Smart TV Capabilities
- Ability To Add And Purchase Apps
- 2 HDMI Inputs
- 1920 x 1080 Pixel Picture Quality
- Very Good Picture Quality
- Smart TV Functions
- Ability to Connect Streaming Devices
- Bulky in Size and Heavy
- Confusing Interface
- No 4 K Ultra HD
This TV is well known for its brand name, meaning that the company has a good backing and reputation. While the picture quality is not 4 K Ultra HD, it is the next best thing at 1920 x 1080 Pixels. It also has 2 built in HDMI inputs, which is a decent amount for hooking up devices. It’s a smart TV, so it can be connected to the Wi-Fi and used with streaming services that are built directly into the interface, like Netflix.
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD picture quality with sharp and detailed images
- Immersive sound quality (Ultra Surround)
- Stylish design and minimalist two feet stand
- Award-winning easy to use smart platform LG webOS
- To use Voice control, this requires the LG Magic Remote, which is sold separately
Sony KD-43X8305C Smart 4 K UltraHD 43 inch TV
- 4 K Ultra HD
- Motionflow Technology
- Android TV
- Energy Efficient
- Excellent Picture Quality
- Can Be Personalized To Each User
- Very Easy To Learn Interface
- Apps Lag Or Shut Down Sometimes
- TV Itself Can Freeze Or Crash
- Does Not Have HHD Recording
One of the best, and most popular features of this TV is it’s picture quality, as it has 4 K Ultra HD, which is currently the best technology. It’s an Android TV, so you are able to personalize it to your exact specifications, and even connect it right to your smartphone. Even for its decent size, the TV itself is very slim, so it’s easy to move around and position in whatever room you choose. If you want to mount it to the wall, it doesn’t’ jut very far out.