Looking for the best 4k TV under £600? Look no further as we listed down our top choices for this price range. This includes the special edition 4K TV from Hisense, the U7A. So if you’re planning to purchase one or know anyone who is going to, make them read this guide first.
For this guide, we picked four categories. One for best picture quality, one for an alternative option for best picture quality, one for the best value for the size, and last is the best performance overall.
Best 4K TV Under £600
Nowadays, televisions from major brands are becoming more and more alike in terms of performance and features. The only thing the separates them apart is their design, performance, and value.
BEST PICTURE QUALITY – Hisense H55U7AUK 4K Ultra HD ULED Smart TV
The Hisense U7A is an excellent mid-range 4K UHD TV that is capable of delivering performance way above its asking price. It simply features a smart ultra-narrow bezel design with an excellent 4K image clarity. This specific model is actually a special model edition from the brand as it is their FIFA 2018 flatscreen flagship. Captivating and representing the brand’s sponsorship of the Russian 2018 World Cup. It even boots with a FIFA World Cup Russia logo.
What we like about this TV is its direct full-array backlight LED system as opposed to edge-lit and it features local dimming. Which is a very welcome feature especially for its price. Black levels are impressive but there is some unevenness, but it’s minor and will only be an issue if you’re too picky. It also has a peak brightness of around 300 nits, so better consider the location if you plan to buy this TV. You won’t get the impact from HDR content as on a TV that’s twice as bright and reflection in bright rooms can be an issue as well.
- 4K Resolution- With 4x more pixels than traditional Full HD, Hisense’s 4K Ultra HD resolution is the benchmark for stunningly realistic picture quality and pin-sharp clarity.
- DTS Studio Sound- An immersive sound experience. Volume Levelling cleverly smooths transitions between inputs and when changing channels.
- HDR Technology- HDR dramatically enhances detail by maximising contrast and colour accuracy for more true-to-life colours and amazing levels of clarity.
- VIDAA U Smart TV - access Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Freeview Play and Rakuten with direct access keys on remote.
- Freeview Play - Catch up on the last 7 days via BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and UKTV Play.
ALTERNATIVE – Panasonic TX-43FX600B Ultra HD 1600Hz 4K HDR Smart LED TV
This 43-inch Panasonic TV features a edgy design, a hassle-free smart portal system and a crisp imagery. It also comes with HDR10+. Giving images a crisp and depth to details. The best of all, it features an IPS panel that’s capable of producing real true to life like colour. It also has a peak brightness of 350 nits.
In marketing terms, the FX600 features a 1600Hz picture processing engine. However, this 1600Hz is not related to the TVs refresh rate or interpolation at all. It doesn’t actually mesh the descriptions of motion and refresh rate. That said, this TV will still have a strong appeal for gamers, as it sports a fast 4K Game Mode.
BEST SIZE – Toshiba 55U5863DB Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
If you’re looking for the big screens, this 55-inch Toshiba 4K TV might just be the right one for you. As we all know it, Toshiba is a Japanese brand that is most well known for its durability and affordability. For just under £600, this TV features all the technology and picture enhancing techniques that you can find on any mid-range TV. It has an IPS panel that gives one of the highest colour accuracies from any display, Dolby Vision HDR, and a built-in 20W speakers with DTS™ Decoder.
Though if you want this TV for its size and Alexa support, you might want to think twice. It seems that this TV is only friendly to Android system and may give any iOS users a headache. Other than that, the picture quality is amazing, especially for its price. Gotta love that 55-inch screen size.
- Toshiba’s TRU picture technology provides smooth, upscaled and more detailed viewing whatever you’re watching, TRU Micro Dimming improves contrast, focussing on all the different regions of the image
- Watch 4K HDR content in all its glory, Dolby Vision HDR transforms your TV experience with ultravivid picture quality, when compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver colors never before seen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker
- Dolby Audio Processing provides an enhanced experience whatever you’re watching, with richer, clearer and more powerful sound
- Controlling your TV with your voice has never been easier, simply connect to either an Echo, Echo Dot or Google Home Mini device – the choice is yours
- From the latest movies and trending music to your favourite boxsets, we've got it all. The top streaming apps including Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video and Freeview Play built in as standard up to date and ready to go
BEST PERFORMANCE – LG 49UK6300PLB UHD 4K HDR Smart LED TV
The LG UK6300 4K TV is a decent RGBW IPS TV with wide viewing angles. Unfortunately, when in a dark room, its blacks appear to be grey due to the low contrast ratio, but it’s not an issue in bright rooms. It has a good smart interface with a wide assortment of apps available for watching and streaming contents.
In terms of gaming, this TV offers a very low input lag and a refresh rate of 60Hz which is standard nowadays.