Have you ever wanted to experience the thrill of flight without the expense and danger? A best camera drone is the closest that you can get to becoming a pilot without taking to the air yourself.
Fly your drone anywhere you like using the included radio controller or your smartphone and use the drone’s built-in camera to document your journey. For many people, buying a camera drone even leads to a lucrative career as a freelance photographer!
Camera drones typically use artificial intelligence and sensor arrays to maintain awareness of their surroundings. Thanks to the extensive safety features of drones, you can buy one and fly it without any prior experience.
Table of Contents
- Up to 7 minutes flying time
- 3MegaPixel Camera
- For more information, visit Arcade Orbit website.
The ARCADE Orbit Cam XL is one of the few drones in its price range that includes a physical controller rather than relying on your smartphone’s Wi-Fi signal. The controller helps the drone maintain a signal from further away than most drones under £100.
On the downside, the Orbit Cam XL’s battery life is slightly below average. You can expect a total flight time of about seven minutes per full battery charge. The Orbit Cam XL charges in one hour with the included USB cable.
- Flashing lights make nighttime flight easier
- Includes a physical controller with a maximum range of 100 meters
- Gyro stabilizers ensure level flight in windy conditions
- Lacks an HD camera
- Maximum flight time is seven minutes
- Four AA batteries for controller not included
- 【3 rechargeable batteries】: 3 Drone batteries can extend the flight time and allow more time to flight this mini drone. The indoor drone is an ideal flying toy for children and families.
- 【Ease of operation for kids】: With one-touch take-off or landing, headless mode and altitude hold function, you can control the drone without any operational difficulties. A stable flight can be achieved with an air pressure sensor. Good for children playing.
- 【Headless mode and 3-speed settings】: Easy to use in headless mode! When using the headless mode, the front / back / left / right is assessed from the operator's point of view and not from the point of view of the drone. A setting for high speed / medium speed / low speed is possible, suitable for beginners, children and professionals.
- 【APP Control and Gravity Induction Mode】: You can also use your phone to control the drone, and the gravity induction mode allows you to fly your mini drone forward/backward, left/ right along with the direction you move your phone.
- 【Low Power Alarm】: The transmitter will emit “di-di-di…” sound and the drone rear indicator LED will continuously show “flash once and power off for 1s” to remind you that the batteries are low.
Best Camera Drone Under £100: Conclusion
If you want to begin dabbling in radio-controlled flight and aerial photography, there’s no need to spend a fortune. Camera drones under £100 may lack some of the advanced features of more expensive drones, but they have all of the important stability and control features that make the flight as easy as possible for rookies.
Buy one of these drones to train yourself for a more expensive drone later or simply bring it on your weekend adventures for added enjoyment.