It’s time for a mid-year review of the best TV brands and models they’ve released this year. With the ever-increasing market for new & upcoming technologies new players coming in, there is huge competition among brands to capture your attention and money.
So which one should you choose? Let us help you with our guide on the best brands and their prominent features.
We will be rating these brands on the market share, customer satisfaction, reliability, software platform or operating system, and technology.
best tv brands – Samsung
Emerging Leader in Electronics
This South Korean electronics giant is quickly becoming the biggest market shareholder in the UK. They offer a wide range of LED-backlit LCD TVs from puny 19 inches to giant 100+ inches and have ceased plasma TV production.
Samsung is leading the 4K race with its flagship SUHD technology and boasts having one of the best smart TV user interfaces.
It has a brilliant track record of producing reliable products using good material. For the past couple of years, they are consistently producing some of the best TV screens for the UK market even at the lowest prices.
Samsung Smart Hub interface and Tizen OS are the best in the industry and feature a plethora of apps such as catch up TV, BBC iPlayer, Youtube, Spotify, Vudu, Netflix, Amazon Instant, Plex, Dailymotion and more.
Though they are usually pricier compared to other major brands and are unpopular for high energy consumption, Samsung is a reliable TV brands and delivers some of the best products.
- Experience The Power Of Neo QLED - The 50 Inch Samsung QN90A Smart TV offers stunning 4K content with 100% colour volume, and the sharpest edges and dazzling contrast thanks to Quantum Matrix Technology and a powerful Neo Quantum 4K UHD Processor.
- The Perfect Picture Everytime - The QN90A allows you to experience stunning 4K imagery from all angles. Our ultra-wide screen comes with reflection reduction technology to minimise glare and ensure you experience content like the creator intended.
- Best In House Gaming - The QN90A also offers gaming like no other TV thanks to Motion Xcelerator technology that reduces lag and ensures maximum responsiveness when playing your next gen console on this Neo QLED 4K television.
- All Your Favourite Content In The Same Place - With Samsung TV Plus, enjoy Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, iPlayer, YouTube and many more, all in one place. Also our Neo QLED Samsung Smart TV comes with Alexa, Google and Bixby all built-in.
- Start Experiencing Samsung TVs - We believe a TV is more than something you watch. It should inspire, amaze, envelop and immerse you. From quality picture, to elegant design, our TVs push the boundaries of what is possible and what a TV can be.
best tv brands -LG
OLED OLED OLED!!
LG is another Korean Electronics conglomerate and has the most diverse line-up of screen display sizes powered by LED-backlit LCD, Plasma and OLED technologies. LG was the first TV brands to enter OLED technology in 4K.
This got LG rave reviews in past half a year or so and worked wonderfully in its favor. LG TVs have much deeper blacks and whiter than your standard LED/LCD TVs, higher energy efficiency and no refresh rate related problems.
This enables LG TVs to display the smoothest fast-paced action and sports videos with minimal or no motion blurs. OLED technology also helps LG TVs display.
The widest viewing angles, great for the big rooms where seating is spread across a wider angle with respect to the TV screen.
The platform WebOS 2.0 (soon to be upgraded to WebOS 3.0) is a bit cluttered and is not the easiest to use. However, it’s blazing fast & offers a lot to tech-savvy customers.
It has all the regular apps like catch up TV, BBC Iplayer, Youtube, Spotify, Vudu, Netflix, Amazon Instant, Plex, Dailymotion, and more excluding ITV Player and Channel 4.
The latest OLED TVs from LG are probably the best in their class. They contain everything you want in an OLED TV making them a Top Tier choice for TVs.
LG TVs are not cheap, but usually, have superb user reviews in terms of reliability and picture quality. They have usually low-end sound quality, but nothing that can’t be fixed with a nice set of speakers, sound-bar, or a home theatre system.
- Sharp HD viewing with intelligent processor for a vibrant picture
- Immersive sound quality with AI Sound
- webOS smart platform with Freeview Play, Netflix, Disney+ and more
- Superb movie experience with HDR
- Enhance your gaming experience with built in Game Optimiser
best tv brands – Sony
It’s in the name
Once a giant is known for delivering style and substance, this Japanese TV maker now ranks behind Samsung and LG. It still produces some excellent TVs under its flagship –Bravia series.
Their TVs excel in image quality – especially their ultra HD (4K) range, aesthetics, and build quality. Sony TVs have a great sound quality and their inbuilt speakers are simply unbeatable.
Compared to OLED, Sony TVs may not have the deepest blacks and the brightest whites, but it has recently announced that it is venturing into a new back-lighting technology.
That will create 4 times the brightness compared to the current LED-backlit LCD screens while also adjusting the brightness on the darker areas on the screen. We will have to wait for some time to see how it fares against OLED technology.
We have found that the Android platform. Although not the simplest to use, is a very powerful platform that enables the use of Google voice search, photo casting, and video streaming and consoles less gaming with Android devices.
Apart from the Sony Select Services (Netflix Amazon Instant etc.) users have access to the Google Play store, access to Play Videos & music.
Sony TVs were known for their high prices but that has changed in the recent past.
- BRAVIA Engine: The power behind amazing pictures
- Live Colour: Beautiful, natural colours in everything you watch on this Sony TV
- USB HDD REC: Turn your television into a digital recorder
- Find all the entertainment you can dream of, as fast as you can talk - With advanced voice control, this Android smart TV lets you enjoy movies and shows from apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video or broadcast in an instant.
- Box Contains: 32W800 TV, Table Top Stand, Voice Remote, Control Batteries, AC Power Cord, Operating Instructions , Quick Setup Guide
best tv brands -Panasonic
From the time of old CRT, TVs Panasonic has been a consistent TV brands with good customer service and reliability.
They have changed with the times and have one of the most versatile range in terms of technology and screen sizes.
Though not a flag bearer in the 4K race, it still has a good range of ultra HD TVs and its Smart Viera technology is one of the oldest and has passed the test of time.
Smart Viera platform on Firefox OS offers all the features of an ultra-smart TV and has multiple apps like Amazon Instant, Youtube, Netflix, Accuweather, Calendar, Catch up TV, BBC iPlayer, and ITV.
Panasonic TVs are the most energy-efficient sets in the market. Apart from some motion blur complaints, Panasonic is a consistent, reliable TV brand with a lot of potentials.
- 4K HDR – Superb picture quality - Detailed 4K Ultra High Definition picture with the extra colour and brightness of High Dynamic Range
- Smart TV - Access to popular internet apps - Enjoy watching content on YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime all with a flick of a button.
- Dolby Vision- Picture perfection, scene-by-scene - Dolby Vision brings compatible UHD Blu-ray discs and 4K video streaming to life - with exceptional colour, contrast and brightness.
- Dolby Atmos- Immersive sound that fills the room - Dolby Atmos, found in the newest cinemas, and on our premium TVs expresses sound with astonishing clarity, richness and depth. Sound effects are precisely placed in virtual space and time to envelope you in the atmosphere.
- HDR Multi Format - Optimal brightness and colour – whatever the source - By supporting 3 leading HDR (High Dynamic Range) formats our premium TVs assure best possible performance - regardless of picture source. Brightness and colour are optimized whether the source is Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10.
- Best Value for money
In recent years, Vizio has gone past its teething troubles, acknowledged its shortfalls and has worked towards establishing itself as a preferred brand in the UK low priced smart TV market.
This brand is not quite there yet because it lacks the high image and sound quality, but it has not given up their lower prices even when the quality has been constantly improving. That’s the reason why it was termed the best bargain TV brands in the UK.
Hit and miss
Toshiba has a wide range of TVs across its catalog including small screens, mid-sized screens, DVD combis and ultra HD 4K TVs.
Toshiba, along with its own production line, also TV brands & sells some TVs manufacture third-party manufacturers.
There are many sets that have fabulous user reviews but unfortunately, there are many that don’t. Toshiba has regularly featured as a brand to shy away from. We think you must make your own decision based on the TV model you’re buying.
- Not that sharp anymore
On Toshiba’s lines, Sharp has started branding smaller TVs from third-party manufacturers while continuing production of latest technology high-end sets.
It seems that Sharp has given up on the TV race with its declining market share and stiff competition. The company has scaled down its production considerably.
- Tough times
This Dutch technology company tied up with a Chinese TV manufacturer to get a fighting chance in the cut-throat market of TVs.
Since then there is an increase in the number of TVs it has rolled out in the market. They have now a wide range of screen sizes and technology, however, whether the tie-up will fetch the results they crave for is yet to be seen.
When bare minimum needs are the concern
Need a TV for a shared accommodation or college dorm? Or want to buy a cheap TV for that extension you built last year? Or you want entertainment package for your caravan/motor home?
There are some situations where money might be the prime concern and you might be able to compromise a little on the quality. Below are the TV brands which might suit your needs.
For a brand supplying low priced TVs Bush seems to have a surprisingly large range extending up to 58 inches. Selling majorly at Argos in the UK they have 4K UHD TVs.
If you want all the latest features on a TV and can compromise a little on the build, image and sound quality then this is the brand for you.
There are good user reviews of this brand and pleases people who know what they are bargaining for. The low price means lower than average image and sound quality, subpar materials and durability.
Supplied mainly by Sainsbury’s in the UK, this TV brands specializes in small screen TVs. They also sell mid-sized and large screen TVs up to 50 inches.
After all, Celcus has a variety of TVs featuring smart technology, Full HD, HD ready and DVD Combi. Picture quality is on the warmer side and sometimes suffers from too much motion blur.
Alba manufactures small size TVs from 19 to 24 inches. Mainly sold at Argos, this brand has an inbuilt DVD as an option if that’s what you are looking for.
There have been questions on reliability as the user reviews are dotted with problems in DVD players, connectivity issues, and pixilated picture quality.
Once manufacture itself, Hitachi stopped manufacturing long ago and now just TV brand from the third party manufacturers. They have a huge range in terms of size and panel technology.
And are one of the cheapest in price. However, they’re not always considered the best buy due to inconsistency in quality.
In recent years Technika has grown steadily as a preferred brand in low-cost TV sets. Featured mainly in Tesco, these TVs offer big screen sizes for a very low price.
It has a good reliability score but the low price comes at the cost of many missing features like extra HDMI ports, Free view, etc. which are an obvious given in other big TV brands.
Samsung is the number one TV brand in the world!
Many people like Samsung. Because they make good quality products for their TVs with innovative features like 3D TV or 4k resolution.
There are other reasons why so many people love them. – One is from any store around town. You can buy a cheap 55 “LED Smart TV.
And you can be happy with what it has to offer. Two things that set competitors apart. These are lack of innovation (innovation) and poor customer service.
Which TV brand are best for smart TVs?
Some of the popular models on this list include Hisense, TCL-Sylvester Simplink Pro and Insignia.
These televisions are designed with streaming apps like YouTube or Netflix in mind. So that instead you can see all the content of your choice online.
Directly from their remote control screen. In addition to offering a growing number of services through these applications, many have equipped WiFi capabilities.
Which allows users to access networks provided by other companies such as Amazon Prime Air. Which provides free two-day shipping.
Why would we buy a TV brand?
A recent study found that many people buy TVs based on the brand’s reputation.
They believe that if they buy an expensive or well-known product. However, it will be of better quality than the cheaper options available in the store at lower prices.
Because those who make it are more experienced. And they know how to get things done for the first time instead of spending less.
Cut which can be a problem below the line. This may not always be true. But overall research shows that high-end sets are preferred over low-cost models.
While comparing performance statistics though. There is no evidence that these items exceeded their £ 150 + counterpart.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of TV brand?
What are the best tv brands? TV Brand To Find The Right TV For You It can be a great way Some of them offer more features than others.
But all will allow users to access and watch their favorite shows according to demand or record with minimal hassle.
The main downside is that not every program available through these services can work properly on all televisions.
Because the quality of broadcast networks differs when it comes to graphics quality. Something that doesn’t affect Netflix streams (and vice versa).
What are the worst tv brand
The 10 worst TV brands list are TCL, Insignia/Roku and Hisense. These companies have been ranked by JL Tech Research for their product quality in various aspects.
Such as picture excellence or durability among others to determine what places them at the top of this list which could mean one thing
– these products will not last you very long if anything happens with them! so you need to know about tv brands to avoid.