One of the most famous lineups of speakers in hi-fi history, the new and upgraded Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series Speakers have arrived! Designed for stereo or home theatre, this speaker range usually gives you audio excellence you’ve never had before. But don’t just take our word for it. Read on our verdict and decide for yourself if this is the speaker series you’ve been looking for.
B&W 600 Series at a Glance
Offering a vast choice of models for home theatre and stereo music, the Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series covers a range of applications, perfect for home partying or basking on classical music on your date night.
The newly launched B&W 600 Series brings high-performance characteristics to every home for such reasonable price points. Choose among four new models including the flagship 603 floorstanders, 606 bookshelves, more compact 607 bookshelves, and the HTM6 centre channel speaker.
What’s new with the B&W 600 Series?
The most notable advancement in this new lineup is the upgraded speakers’ midrange driver cones, replacing the brand’s signature Kevlar construction for cones. Aside from its impressive driver cone upgrade, the B&W 600 Series updated its Decouples Dome tweeters. Bowers & Wilkins added a more powerful neodymium magnet and repositioned the driver to make it even closer to the grill.
What’s more, the brand also upgraded its speakers’ immersed acoustic screens with magnetically attached screens, giving it a classier look. Bowers & Wilkins has replaced the black vinyl, faux-woodgrain cabinet finish with a new satin white painted and new matte black finishes. The B&W 600 Series is sure to captivate every onlooker.
Not to be outdone by its predecessors, the new B&W 600 Series Speakers comes with a more organic, less coloured, and more accurate sound. Expect a more engaging, compelling, transparent sound whether you’re playing your favourite acoustic music or also listening to recorded podcasts.
All of the selections in this lineup are designed with bass reflex loading. If you’re craving for more excitement on your movie night, the B&W 600 Series certainly delivers. This speaker range is best at creating a large sound stage. It also uncovers the tiniest details of classical ensembles, jazz combos, and blues musicians.
Expect an easy and painless setup process with the new Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series Speakers. Because the lineup comes with Ikea-like instructions for building the plinth to sit underneath the 24kg speakers. It’s even more exciting to revel on the exquisite design of the cabinets that are definitely hard to ignore.
The latest update to the B&W 600 Series Speakers brings such as technological advancements from the brand’s 700 and 800 Series speakers. It also delivers excellent values and upfront, engaging sound. However, it comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.
New silvery Continuum driver and domed driver
Sounds may appear too bright
Lack of versatility
The Bottom Line:
Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series of speakers offers bucketful of bass power and resolution, shifting toward a more dynamic and more revealing sound than its predecessors.
- Biggest and Bass-iest : Ultimate Ears Megablast is our most powerful portable speaker, producing super loud sound and thundering bass. With its accurate and clear 360-degree surround sound, you can let big groups enjoy great music from all angles. Other portable speakers artificially juice the bass, but Megablast produces a deep, heart-pounding bass that stays true to the music. Have comfort that you’re listening to your top tunes the way the artists meant them to be heard
- Voice Control and Bluetooth Enabled : Ultimate Ears Megablast has Amazon Alexa built-in and connects to the cloud so you can experience ultimate control, wherever you are. Hop on the Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot and enjoy Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio and others. Don’t even get out of your seat, just ask Alexa to crank up the volume of your top playlist or change tracks. Megablast is also Bluetooth enabled so you can keep your music rocking even when you’re camping in the wop-wops without Wi-Fi. Simply connect up to any Bluetooth device
- Pair Up To 8 Speakers* : Heading out to a larger social gathering? No problem. Use the Ultimate Ears app to connect up to 8 Megablast and Blast speakers to create even louder and more immersive sound. *Blast and Megablast cannot be paired with any other Ultimate Ears speakers. (App is available for iOS 10.2 or android 5.0 devices)
- Mega-Portable, Mega-Powerful : We understand that portable speakers need to be durable and rugged for spontaneous adventurers. That’s why the UE Megablast speaker has an unreal 16-hour battery life. Enjoy high quality music from morning to sundown, no matter what you’ve got planned. Compatibility:Requires a Wi-Fi router with 802.11 a,b,g, or n for first time setup. Audio Playback supported for Bluetooth devices with advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP)
- Get it Wet : Megablast can be fully submerged in water up to 30 minutes, thanks to its IP67 water and dustproof rating. Whether you're relaxing in a hot bath, at a pool or spa party, or perhaps yachting is your guilty pleasure, quality background music is one thing you can check off your list