Are you looking for a 12V TV for your campervan/trailer, caravan, HGV, lorry or horsebox? Check out this list of the Best 12v TV For Motorhome for mobile homes
We have reviewed many 12V TVs and have chosen the below which we feel are the best value for your money.
Main things to keep in mind when choosing a TV for a small moving space are weight, sound quality, frame rate, size, number of inputs, in-built DVD and availability of Freeview.
Owning a motorhome is the dream of many people who love nature and outdoors. It offers you the freedom to go wherever you want, the open road and the convenience of having your home with you. Also known as caravans, they allow you to pack all your necessities and have them on the move.
Campers are rapidly gaining popularity, especially with people going for small vacations. Apart from the necessities, you need entertainment when you are out there camping. That is why you need a TV for motorhome and caravan. You want to catch your favorite channels or movies and stay entertained throughout the journey.
What to look for when choosing your 12 volt TV For Motorhome
When choosing a TV for motorhome or caravan, you need to consider three things; size functions needed and power. Having a TV in a closed space comes with several constraints. One of them is the size.
Small vans, lorries, and trailers should go for TVs below 20 inches. Medium and large caravans can consider going for the larger than 20 inch TVs. Apart from the screen size, you will need to consider the other dimensions of the TV.
Many TVs designed for conversion vans are powered by 12-volts. Some use the normal AC/DC power; some have to be fitted with an adaptor while others can work with multiple sources of power. Choose a TV that is compatible with the power sources on your caravan.
In terms of functionality, there are several caravan TVs in the market today, which are multifunctional. This implies that they also come with a CD or DVD, Blue Ray, and other entertainment needs. Consider a TV with an inbuilt DVD player in order to limit the number of devices that you should carry.
Under £100 TV For Motorhome
Smaller than 20 inches in size
August DTV905 – 9″ Portable Freeview TV for Motorhome
The August DTV905 is a high quality, slim and stylish portable Freeview TV for motorhome. It comes with a USB port, thus allowing you to watch all your favorite digital media. Moreover, It is an excellent product that you can easily plug into your main aerial, in your caravan. The TV picks up the channels pretty fast while providing a crystal clear picture. You can receive up to twenty channels.
- Scheduled and Real-Time recording
- 7 day EPG
- Slim and stylish
- Poor sound which can be boosted with an external one
- Not the best quality
- 10 INCH SCREEN – This portable small screen TV is the perfect size for caravans, motorhomes, kitchens and bedside tables, with the option of a 12V adaptor or RECHARGEABLE AA battery use, it’s versatile enough to use anywhere!
- FREEVIEW TUNER BUILT IN – Watch all your favourite soaps, game shows, sports and comedies, and RECORD them to USB storage so that you can enjoy them again and again. TIMESHIFT live TV so that you can pause and rewind and not miss a moment when the phone goes.
- HDMI AND AV IN – Connect games consoles, video cameras, microscopes, digital SLR cameras, security CCTV, satellite decoders and set top boxes for a hand held MONITOR with a pin sharp screen.
- RED BUTTON SERVICE – Access digital teletext on a portable TV! The DA100D allows you to surf interactive content through Freeview for the full living room experience, even if you are out fishing!
- MULTIMEDIA PLAYER – Save all your favourite digital media to USB or external HD and take them wherever you go.. Enjoy movies at your campsite, show your photographs to friends or listen to your music on the go.
Under £150 TV for motorhome
Smaller than 20 inches in size tv for motorhome
16″ Ultra Slim LED Digital tv for motorhome
If you are looking for an ultra-slim and lower power consumption for minimal battery drain, this is the one for you. This TV provides crystal clear images ensuring fantastic picture quality. On top of the HDMI port, you will find COMPOSITE and SCART inputs for your set-top box or old VCR.
- Multi-region DVD player
- Built-in recorder, straight to a USB device
- VGA port for connecting to a laptop or PC, thus making it an auxiliary monitor
- Low sound
- Smaller viewing angle
- 22 inch (56cm) Digital LED TV with build in DVB-T2/C/S2 Free To Air Terrestrial (Freeview), Cable and Satellite (Freesat) receivers for Standard and High definition television programs. Encoded Pay TV can be watched by using of CI/CI+ Common Interface (ask your Pay TV provider for details)
- Ideal for Motorhomes, Caravans, Boats as can be powered by 240V AC or 12V DC. It perfectly fit in the kitchen, homestead or can be used as a HDMI/VGA Computer Monitor. With the additional mount the TV can be mounted on the Wall by VESA 100x100.
- Possibility of watching movies of various video formats (AVI, MKV, VOB), viewing pictures (JPEG, BMP) and listening to music (MP3, WMA) from a USB storage device.
- Possibility of recording TV programs on a USB storage device (USB PVR function) with Time Shift function. EPG - Electronic program guide, Teletext, MHEG5 functions.
- Dual power option. 240V AC mains power and 12V DC input (3m cigarette lighter 12V power lead include)
Larger than 20 inches in size tv for motorhome
Cello C22230F 22-inch tv for motorhome
The Cello 22-inch TV lets you add you add a touch of sophistication to your motorhome or campervan, thanks to its stylish and unique features. Offers full HD display, with crisp sharp images, vibrant colors and high resolution.
With a built-in Freeview tuner, you can watch all your favorite channels, without the need for a set-top box. It offers a wide range of connectivity options for a maximum viewing experience.
- Full HD 1080p
- Freeview Tuner
- in Built DVD Player
- can be used as a monitor
- single HDMI port
- A NEW WORLD OF ENTERTAINMENT: Combining terrestrial channels with online streaming into one single smart TV allowing you to enjoy what you want when you want.
- POPULAR STREAMING APPS PRE-LOADED: Includes Netflix, Prime Video and YouTube ready and waiting to go.
- ALL THE BEST CATCH-UP APPS: Easily access BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, More 4 and Demand 5.
- SMART USER INTERFACE: Bringing together all of your apps and channels into one easy to use smart system.
- WI-FI ENABLED: Enjoy a convenient and easy connection to the internet in your home.
Under £250 Tv for motorhome
Smaller than 20 inches in size Tv for motohome
Pyle PLRD195IF19-Inch TV for motorhome
This roof-mount LCD TV has everything you need to keep you entertained while out there in your conversion van. It comes with a brilliant 19-inch widescreen monitor for all your viewing needs. It can play media on different devices such as CDs, DVDs, SD cards among others. On top of that, it has a built-in FM transmitter, for receiving all your favorite channels.
- flip down roof mount
- high-quality contrast ratio
- built-in FM transmitter
- 19-inch widescreen view
- Lack of inbuilt speakers (Headphones or Portable speakers are required.)