In the event of an auto accident, testimony from witnesses and footage from street cameras can make the difference in establishing that you aren’t at fault and ensuring that you receive the best possible outcome in an insurance claim or lawsuit. A Car Dash Cams Under £100 is the “perfect witness”.
It captures everything that takes place on the road, recording automatically when you start the car and saving the resulting videos to an internal memory card. An auto accident is a horrible event for everyone involved, but a dash cam can make the situation much easier to bear.
Dash cams are also useful for:
- Monitoring the driving habits of your employees
- Ensuring that your children drive safely
- Potentially obtaining a discount or reimbursed deductible from your insurance company
Table of Contents
Providing both reliability and convenience, the Nextbase 312GW includes a magnetic mount that allows you to connect your dash cam simply by dropping it in. The mount keeps the camera charged and hides unsightly wires.
The Nextbase 312GW has a built-in GPS receiver to record your location and driving speed. It also has a G sensor that allows it to detect a potential accident and lock stored videos to prevent deletion. The 312GW’s Wi-Fi connection synchronizes with your smartphone to automatically upload your videos to the Cloud for safekeeping.
- Wide-angle lens records 140 degrees of footage
- Display is bright enough for daytime viewing
- Enhanced night vision for clearer night time videos
- Doesn’t include an SD card for storage
- Doesn’t include a carrying case
- Replacing the battery isn’t possible
- MARKET LEADING, AWARD-WINNING DASH CAM: The 312GW is the dash cam solution for new or experienced motorists who want instant upload capabilities to social media, or their insurer. Market leading thanks to its connective capabilities and ease of use, the 312GW has been rated the Which? Best Buy of 2018.
- HIGH QUALITY 1080P RECORDINGS AT 30FPS AND 140-DEGREE WIDE ANGLE: The 312GW offers 1080p HD recording capabilities at 30 frames per second through a 6-element glass lens. The 140-degree wide angle provides high quality footage for any insurance claim.
- WIFI CONNECTIVITY AND SMARTPHONE APP: The Wi-Fi feature in enables you to download and share video and photo files directly from the dash cam to your phone or tablet. The Nextbase App acts as your own personal storage point for all Nextbase clips to share to social media or the police.
- GPS TO TRACK YOUR JOURNEY: The Nextbase 312GW features a GPS mount to record important location and speed data for your Dash Cam. This means you can track your journey on Google Maps and pinpoint exactly where an incident has occurred, which can be crucial in an insurance claim
- IN-BUILT G-SENSOR AND NIGHT VISION: The inbuilt G-Sensor is used to lock away important files from the result of an impact as the cam works on an auto-loop feature. Recording will be clear at night with the night vision recording images
The GARMIN 30 Dash Cam features dual lenses to capture the best possible video during day and night driving. With the included G sensor, the GARMIN 30 has the ability to detect an accident. It automatically flags and saves the current, previous and next videos to create a complete record of the event from beginning to end.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t lock the videos to prevent deletion. While the GARMIN 30 lacks some features of other dash cams — the screen is small, for example — it does have excellent image quality.
- Records full HD 1080p video
- Includes 4 GB microSD card
- Separate bright lens and low-light lens for better performance in all lighting conditions
- Three-minute loops are a bit short
- Viewing angle of 113° is below average
- Screen size of 1.39″ is smaller than average
- Compact and discreet dash camera with 2 Inch display and extra-wide 180 Degree field of view captures crisp 1440p footage and Garmin Clarity HDR provides increased detail in low-light situations
- GPS-enabled with incident detection automatically records and saves video on impact to note exact time and location
- Driver alerts include forward collision, lane departure and Go alerts to enhance driver awareness, red light camera and speed camera location alerts with unlimited updates via the Garmin Drive app. Garmin Customer Care: 0808 238 0000
- Voice control allows you to easily save a video or picture, start/stop audio recording or start/stop the Travelapse video capture feature
- Built-in Bluetooth technology and Wi-Fi connectivity for easy software and safety cam updates
Best Car Dash Cams Under £50
The Nextbase 112 Lite has a feature that can allow it to provide crucial evidence in the event of an accident: a 30-minute backup battery. If an accident occurs, the Nextbase 112 Lite may no longer receive power from the car’s battery. However, the backup battery will automatically continue supplying power to the camera to ensure that you’ll have a video of the entire event.
The Nextbase 112 Lite features 720p video recording and has a 120-degree field of vision. It has night vision support.
- Backup battery ensures continued recording if the car’s battery fails
- Magnetic mount hides wires and enables easy disconnecting
- Very small design
- Lacks separate lenses for day and night driving
- Doesn’t support 1080p video
- Display is slightly small at 2″
- HIGH QUALITY 720P RECORDINGS AT 30FPS: The 112 is light and compact, but has 720p HD recording capabilities at 30 frames per second through a 5-element glass lens. This provides high quality images for any insurance claim.
- 120-DEGREE WIDE ANGLE RECORDINGS: Record your journey on the road through the 120-degree angle lens to ensure that your journey is properly documented.
- EASY MAGNETIC CLICK&GO MOUNT: Simply mount the Click&Go mount to your window
- screen to begin setting up your 112 without the wires and mess.
- G-SENSOR AND LOOP RECORDING: The G-Sensor will protect and lock footage during an accident to ensure footage is not lost. Loop recording allows for continual recording even if the SD card reaches full capacity
Based on our research, we have determined that the OldShark dash cam offers the best combination of price and performance currently available. Since it has a very wide viewing angle, it captures more of the action on the road than competing dash cams. It also includes an SD card with sufficient capacity to record many hours of video — something few dash cams offer.
The OldShark dash cam locks videos automatically in the event of an accident. It also uses motion detection for continued monitoring when your car is parked.
- Includes 32 GB SD card
- Very wide viewing angle of 170 degrees
- Infrared lights enable enhanced night vision
- Doesn’t save zoom settings between driving sessions
- 【4K Single Front & IPS Touch Screen】 With single front recording mode 4K at 30FPS (3840*2160), dual cameras recording mode 2K + 1080P front and rear, combined Upgraded Super Night Vision Technology (Great processor NT96675 + Ultra-low light Sensor + WDR) helps to get comparatively clearer videos and images from the recording even in low light condition. 3 inches IPS touch screen, easy to operate like a smart phone.
- 【Build with Wi-Fi & GPS】Use App to view and manage dash cam recordings instantly on your iOS and android devices. By using the app you can download and playback your recorded videos directly on your smart phone. GPS accurately records your driving track and speed, and can view your driving route with google maps via the App(for smartphone) or with our GPS Player (for PC).【Time can be obtained automatically after installing the GPS(only need to set the time zone)】
- 【Continuous Recording & Emergency Video Lock】Built-in G-sensor function that means dash cam will automatically lock the current video when it detects shake or collision, to prevent from overwritten by the loop recording and saved at an event folder (EMR) for viewing conveniently. And loop recording function helps you record the video continuously, no need to format the SD card frequently(Support 128GB Micro SD card, not included)
- 【24 Hours Parking Monitor】Set the dash camera to Parking Monitor Mode after parking. In parking mode, both front and rear cameras will automatically recording once the front car camera detect shake or collision in front of the vehicle. To use 24Hours parking monitor function you need to hard wire the S1 dash cam to the car battery (Hardwire kit ASIN: B07Q29JZZY) or connect it to an external battery when you turn the engine off.
- 【provide Worry-Free 12 Months Service】We provide 12 months service and 30 days money back, if you have any questions regarding your product, please do not hesitate to contact us at customer care email, or drop us a message through the message chat box in Amazon, we will respond immediately.
A dash cam is something that you purchase with the hope that you’ll never need to use it. Since every dash cam automatically loops back to the beginning of the storage card when it runs out of space, a dash cam is something that you should be able to set and forget.
The three most important factors that you should consider when buying a dash cam are:
- Ability to record clear, sharp video with a wide viewing angle in bright or low light
- Capability to detect that an accident has occurred
- Ability to lock and preserve videos that could serve as evidence
Choose a dash cam that fits the three above qualifications, and you will certainly be happy with your purchase.