Korean tech giants Samsung and LG are the biggest rivals in the tech and entertainment arena. With the latest LG OLED vs Samsung QLED as the newest entries in the best TV overall category, which TV reigns supreme? Here’s a side-by-side comparison of the two products.
Brightness and Contrast
LG’s OLED faces stiff competition with Samsung’s QLEDs. When it comes to brightness, LG’s 4K OLED TV boasts of brightness that never breaks the 1000-nit barrier and a per-pixel lightning precision that improves the contrast. This TV does virtually everything right, but faced head-to-head against the Samsung 4K QLED TV LG’s C3-Series definitely falls short in the category.
Samsung declares a clear victory with its bright HDR content, excellent precision light control, and HDR performance. What’s more, Samsung Q65C comes with Direct LED backlight with Q Contrast EliteMax. This feature makes light control more precise, resulting in far deeper black and excellent peak brightness.
Table of Contents
In terms of the quality of the picture, LG C3 hits the sweet spot with punchier and more dynamic content, thanks to its strong mix of dark and light content. The LG C3-Series 4K OLED TV is already famous for its sheer picture quality. This year, LG has focused on software enhancements, bringing in a number of picture improvements including frequency-based image sharpening, four-part noise-reduction-system, and object-based contrast enhancement. Its greatest strength is its colours that give a wonderfully vibrant image.
Not to be outdone, Samsung also did an amazing job with the Samsung Q65C 4K QLED TV, but with a different approach. This stunner is capable of delivering black levels and better colour volume. In addition, it is more capable of overcoming glare in a bright room. Overall, both LG OLED vs Samsung QLED offer excellent picture quality; the difference lies in each brand’s approach to image improvement.
Sound and Motion
If you’re looking for the best overall LED/LCD TV, both Samsung and LG have a lot to offer. LG C3 OLED TV retains slightly crisper detail with foregrounded content. On the other hand, Samsung Q65C tends to look sharper across images with its large depth of field. It also retains more details especially in the brightest parts of the HDR images.
When it comes to moving pictures, both OLED and QLED TVs have a lot more to improve. Video presentation in the LG C3 and Samsung Q65C is inherently more judder and slightly blurry. Meanwhile, sound-wise, LG C3 delivers an open and spacious sound, thanks to its audio-funnelling grille on the front. The Samsung Q65C isn’t as spacious, but it is open enough to deliver weightier and punchier audio.
There’s almost nothing to choose between the two in terms of intelligent features. Both come with four HDMI inputs, optical audio output, aerial and satellite connections, and three USB sockets, and support HDR10. The only difference is their advanced, dynamic metadata-featuring HDR, LG C3 supports Dolby Vision while Samsung Q65C has its own HDR10+ format.
OUR VERDICT of latest LG OLED vs Samsung QLED
Considering all factors, while the Samsung Q65C comes as a more dynamic performer, the LG C3’s consistency and balance make it the best overall LED/LCD TV by a tiny margin. LG OLED vs Samsung QLED here is the best comparison.
- Stunning Ultra HDR 4K QLED Visuals - Discover QLED with the Samsung Q60C, which delivers jaw a dropping Crystal 4K display with 100% Colour Volume thanks to Quantum Dot Colour Technology. Dual LED technology provides both warm and cool tones too.
- Immersive Audio With Object Tracking Sound & Adaptive Sound - For sound that puts you right in the heart of the action, our QLED 4K TVs have Object Tracking Sound that feels like you are watching live. Also, Adaptive Sound matches audio to content.
- A 4K QLED That Is Great For Watching And Gaming Too - With a built in Gaming Hub, you can play AAA Xbox titles at the touch of a button and our built in Gaming display HUD gives you a winning edge, along with Motion Xcelerator frame rate technology.
- Smart TV Streaming & Built In Voice Assistants - Watch your favourite movies and TV with Amazon Prime, Netflix, BBC iPlayer & many more all built-in, as well as Alexa, Google Home and Bixby Voice assistants so you can control your QLED TV your way.
- Start Experiencing Samsung TVs - We believe a TV is more than something you watch. It should inspire, amaze, envelop and immerse you. From quality picture, to elegant design, our TVs push the boundaries of what is possible and what a TV can be.
- Intelligent α7 AI processor with AI Super Upscaling
- LG 4K SELF-LIT OLED for perfect contrast & 100% colour accuracy
- Smart platform with Freeview Play, Netflix, Disney+ and more
- Dolby Vision for realistic picture & Dolby Atmos for immersive sound
- Responsive gaming – advanced features for next-gen consoles