Today, we are going to take a closer look at the Philips 65 inch smart tv Ultra HD 4K TV. This TV boasts a 60Hz motion handling engine within its display panel and every essential feature that a 4K TV should have. It’s available in 43, 50, 55, and 65 inches.
As an entry-level 4K TV, the PHILIPS 65PUS7607/12 is considered as one of the best 2023 models in this category. With support for multi HDR platform such as HDR, HDR10. HDR10+, and HLG, its definitely a TV to look out for. But does its selling price, starting at, justify its performance? Read our review below to know more about this TV.
The PHILIPS 65PUS7607/12 Ultra HD 60Hz 4K HDR Smart LED TV is one of those elegant looking, minimalistic, and affordable 4K TV on the market. It features a design concept called “Art & Interior Switch Design”. This TV is available in 3 sizes — 43-Inch, 55-Inch, and 65-Inch.
Art & Interior Switch Design
The Art & Interior Switch Design was first introduced by the brand back in 2017. It was first featured by their Premium Ultra HD 4K TV lineup.
For the PHILIPS 65PUS7607/12, it is basically a design concept that allows you to adjust the feet stand of this TV. You can either set the feet stands closer together or farther away from each other.
Picture Quality of Philips 65 inch smart tv
The Philips 65 inch smart tv Ultra HD 60Hz 4K HDR Smart LED TV is an entry-level TV that features all the basic essentials and necessity of a 4K TV. It has a native 4K resolution with an IPS panel to pair it with as well as Panasonic’s own Wide Colour Spectrum technology. The Wide Colour Spectrum panels allow the picture reproduction to produce images that really do look exactly as their creators intended them to look. Making pictures and image look more realistic and immersive.
The black level of this TV is a bit on the poor side. Due to the design of IPS pixel array, that allows it to have a wide viewing angle, it suffers from a poor black uniformity and poor contrast ratio. It’s more noticeable with HDR contents. Colour reproduction is excellent, its capable of producing images that are very realistic in details and the colour accuracy is spot on.
As we already have mentioned above, the contrast is poor as well. It’s definitely on the poor side when compared against OLED but for an LED display and its price, it’s quite decent enough.
The motion handling of the display of this TV is quite excellent. However, the claimed 1600Hz refers to something else and note the refresh rate of the display. The claim is more useful for differentiating between Philip’s own line-up. It doesn’t really translate into its real-world specification and performance.
Overall, the picture quality of this TV is excellent out of the box and we can get better performance once you calibrate the settings properly.
In terms of Audio, the PHILIPS 65PUS7607/12 4K TV features a 20 W (10 W x 2) built-in speakers. In terms of quality and performance, the speakers are capable and it gets the job done. However, it lacks the loudness and punches for movies. The issue becomes more prominent when this TV is placed in bigger rooms. We highly recommend pairing this TV with a soundbar like the Philips Audio Fidelio FS1/10 Wireless Speaker.
- ULTRA-SHARP VISUALS: The Pixel Precise Ultra HD engine optimises picture quality to deliver ultra-sharp images, vivid colours and smooth motion, while HDR10+ and Dolby Vision support enhances colour fidelity, contrast and brightness.
- SMART TV: With the SMART system, you can access apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Apple TV and Youtube, use voice control via Alexa or Google Assistant, and enjoy SimplyShare, Screen Mirroring and Interactive TV.
- CINEMATIC SOUND: Integrated 20W full-range speakers, A.I. Sound & EQ, Clear Dialogue, and Dolby Atmos, Bass Enhancement and Volume Leveller features offer breathtakingly realistic, rich and immersive audio in the comfort of your own home.
- TUNER & CONNECTORS: This 4K TV has a built-in Digital TV Tuner and multiple connection options, including 3 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Ethernet-LAN, Digital Audio Out, and support for HDCP 2.3, HDMI eARC and EasyLink.
- English (Publication Language)
The PHILIPS 65PUS7607/12 is not really a gaming-oriented TV out of the box. Without changing anything, the Philips 65 inch smart tv has a refresh rate of 60Hz and input lag rating of 151 ms. That’s a horrible performance for video gaming. Fortunately, Panasonic included a video gaming intended feature called “Game Mode”. It reduces the input lag to 21 ms which is one of the best input lag ratings we have seen on a TV. Although, we have seen better performances from other models. Some 4K TVs have a very low input lag of 12 ms.
- Excellent Picture Quality (For its category and price)
- Multi HDR Platform Support (4K HDR | HDR | HDR10 | HDR10+ | HLG)
- Wide Colour Spectrum
- Contrast Ratio
- IPS Panel (Devisive, some prefers VA some prefers IPS)
- Mediocre Speakers
Overall, the Philips 65 inch smart tv, Ultra HD 60Hz 4K HDR Smart LED TV with Freeview Play is a great 4K TV. More like, a great budget-oriented 4K TV. It offers amazing picture quality in most environments and use-cases, especially for its price. Unfortunately, its contrast can be an issue given that most IPS display panels suffer from poor contrast. Though it’s unnoticeable and owners will rarely make a fuss about it.
Philips claims that it offers better colour reproduction than any LED 4K TV at this price range. That’s thanks to its Wide Colour Spectrum technology that covers more than 90% of DCI standards. Enabling this TV to give a more subtle, naturally toned colour palette. After testing it at hand, we’re actually impressed at its overall performance and colour reproduction.
- POWERFUL 120 W WIRELESS SPEAKER: This Fidelio wireless speaker offers 120 W of power, bringing music and movies alive with sparkling highs, warm midrange frequencies and rich bass. The down-firing woofer and twin passive radiators add real depth to every beat and every score. Ideal for small- to medium-sized rooms.
- STYLISH DESIGN: Wrapped in an acoustically transparent metal grille, with an anthracite Muirhead leather trimmed bevel, this sleek wireless speaker has a modern design to match any interior, whether on its own or as part of a Fidelio home-cinema set-up.
- IMMERSIVE AMBILIGHT: This wireless speaker incorporates Philips’ innovative Ambilight technology to give you an immersive experience whatever you're watching or listening to. Sync with Ambilight on your Philips TV, use Lounge Mode for a colourful static light or create a lightshow that pulses to the beat with Follow Music.
- PHILIPS WIRELESS HOME SYSTEM WITH DTS PLAY-FI: This compact wireless speaker offers premium DTS Play-Fi connectivity, letting you easily sync compatible speakers, soundbars and subwoofers for multi-room audio, stereo sound and true 7.1.4 surround-sound setups.
- EASY TO CONNECT AND CONTROL: Featuring Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Chromecast and Apple AirPlay 2 compatibility, this speaker also works with all your favourite voice assistant-enabled devices, such as Amazon, Google and Apple for completely hands-free control.