Looking for the answer of are Hisense TV good? Here is your best answer. Ultra-High Definition TVs are now far more affordable than ever and that’s true with the recent introduction of Hisense’ cheapest UHD Smart TV, the Hisense 43E6KTUK. This TV is the most affordable UHD 4K Smart TV model from the Chinese manufacturer.
As an entry-level UHD TV, it basically offers basic features that any UHD Smart TV should have such as 4K resolution, Upscaling, and Built-In Digital Tuner. But is this TV worth its asking price or are you better off with other models? Let’s find out!
Are Hisense tv good?
Hisense TVs have gained popularity in recent years and generally offer good value for money. While they may not have the same brand recognition as some other manufacturers, Hisense has made significant strides in improving their TV technology and overall quality. Many models come with features like 4K resolution, HDR support, and smart functionality at competitive prices.
However, like any brand, there can be variations in quality across different models and price ranges. It’s always recommended to read reviews and compare specifications before making a purchase. Ultimately, the suitability of a Hisense TV depends on your specific needs, preferences, and budget.
- Ultra HD 3840 x 2160
- 8Bit + FRC
- VA Display Panel
- Direct LED Backlight
- 60Hz Native Refresh Rate
- 1000 Picture Criteria Index
- 103 Pixel Per Inch Density
- Energy Efficiency Class A
- Quad Core Processor
- VIDAA Lite 2 OS
- 2 x 7W 2.0 CH Built-In Speakers
- Triple Tuner DVB-S2/T2/C/HD
- 3x HDMI (2x HDMI 2.0) | 2x USB (1x 3.0USB)
- 802.11ac/b/n/g Dual Band
- For more information, visit Hisense.
The Hisense 43E6KTUK features a minimalistic design. The same could be said for its body frame and manufacturing cost. Given that the front frame and back are made of plastic, as well as its stand, we can be certain that this is to cut cost and offer this model at an affordable price range.
This TV sports 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports. It also has various types of connection at the back. Such as headphone 3.5mm port, digital optical output, common interface v1.3, component and composite input.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t feature any VGA port so that’s one thing to take note of if you plan to use this as a monitor of a certain device that users VGA connection.
The Hisense 43E6KTUK doesn’t really stand out overall. Performance wise, it offers the basic. Featuring all the basic features that you can expect from an affordable UHD Smart TV. Basic features such as its native 4K Ultra-High Definition resolution, upscaling of video to 4K, Smart OS Platform, and Wi-fi connectivity. Other than that, that’s pretty much it.
When played and fed a 1080p video, it does a great job at upscaling the video to 4K. However, it’s not on a miraculous performance of some sort. It gets the job done decently. Picture quality wise, this TV features a VA display panel, enabling this TV to produce a higher level of colour accuracy. Where red is really red, blue is deep blue, and green is accurately green. Furthermore, this TV offers good viewing angles and generally better blacks and contrast with ratios usually ranging from 3000:1 to 6000:1.
Lastly, with its 4K resolution, VA panel, and pre-set of picture mode, this TV produces blacks that are far darker.
The Hisense 43E6KTUK features a 2.0 CH built-in 14W(2x7W) speakers. In a small room, the audio clarity and loudness are of decent and pretty good. However, the weakness of the speakers will be noticeable especially if you place the TV in a bigger room.
Despite featuring DBX-TV audio technology that enables the speakers to deliver rich, full sound without additional audio devices, we still felt that the speakers are too weak. Despite hitting maximum volume, it sounded to us that the right amount of audio loudness is there when watching movies. Though audio quality can also depend on the quality of the source.
With all the test we have done, we are very convinced that it is highly recommended to pair this TV with a soundbar. You might want to check out the Yamaha YAS-93 Front Surround Soundbar on Amazon UK.
In terms of gaming, the Hisense 43E6KTUK as a monitor for your video gaming consoles or PC is decent and nothing out of ordinary. With a native refresh rate of 60Hz, you can play any games to run at 60 frames per second for that smooth video play. Eliminating any frame lags or issues. As long as your console is powerful enough to run your games at 60 fps.
On the other hand, its input lag rating is not bad at 43ms in game mode. Not the fastest we have seen but it’s still a decent performance coming from an entry-level TV.
The Hisense 43E6KTUK is a decent UHD Smart TV sporting its VIDAA Lite 2 OS Platform and its affordable price. However, if there’s one TV that we won’t purchase, it’s probably this TV. With its introductory price, you’re better off buying other models or investing your money to other UHD TV that offers more features. Example of that is the LG UJ630V series that comes with HDR support.
- VA Panel
- Hisense VIDAA Lite 2 OS
- Weak Audio Loudness
- Picture Quality could be better
Overall, this TV is oriented towards those that are on a very tight budget but wants to have a brand new UHD Smart TV. If you plan to buy this, we suggest to add a few more and get other models with far more superior performance and more features. We highly recommend to check out the LG UJ750V UHD Smart TV Series.
- [Direct Full Array] Hisense TVs backed by a Direct Full Array boast a tight grid of individual LEDs that cover the entire back panel. These LEDs allow for precise control of brightness and contrast, resulting in crisp, vivid colors, and deep hypnotizing blacks from edge to edge.
- [Dolby Vision] Never worry about subpar video quality or compatibility again. Simply choose and play whatever content you want, knowing you’re experiencing it in ideal detail, enhanced colors, and deeper blacks, thanks to the Dolby Vision.
- [Pixel Tuning]Pixel Tuning is a dynamic approach to picture optimization that happens at the pixel level. Using an assortment of intelligent technologies like Global/Micro Dimming, Noise Reduction, Contrast, Brightness, and Sharpness Tuning to analyze signals frame by frame to optimize the picture for ideal detail, better dynamic contrast, reduced noise deeper blacks and brighter highlights, and more.
- [VIDAA Smart TV] Today’s TVs need to be easy to use, quick to reach, and smarter than they’ve ever been before. With easy and instant access to over 150 broadcast, cable, satellite, DTV, and streaming platforms all in one space, the VIDAA TV allows you to seamlessly navigate your favorite content smoother and faster than ever before in one simple package.
- [Share to TV] The Share-to-TV function lets you bypass this issue with ease and grace. Share content from your other devices directly to your screen. Use “Screen Sharing” to mirror your device on your TV, or the “Content Sharing” option, which lets you continue to use your device while only sharing specific media on the big screen for everyone to enjoy.