Today, we take a closer look at one of the popular 4K UHD Smart TV of Hisense, the Hisense H49N5500UK. This 49-Inch 4K UHD Smart TV became popular and best seller 4K TV during the last quarter of 2017 thanks to Amazon. Is this TV worth investing into? Let’s find out!
Hisense H49N5500UK UHD Smart TV
- 49-Inch Screen Size
- Hisense N5500 Series
- Ultra HD 3840 x 2160
- Direct LED Backlight System
- 8 bit + FRC Panel Bit Depth
- VA Display Panel
- 60 Hz Refresh Rate
- <50m Input Lag
- 1200 Picture Criteria Index (Higher Better)
- HDR – HDR10 | HLG
- Quad Core Processor
- 2 x 8W 2 x 8W
- dbx-tv Audio Enhancement
- VIDAA U
- 1x HDMI 1.4 | 2x HDMI 2.0
- 3x USB (1x USB3.0)
- For more information, visit Hisense.
The Hisense H49N5500UK is a mid-range UHD Smart TV. The overall design is simple and elegant.
The bezels are thin and are made of metal with a metallic brush accent design.
The Hisense H49N5500UK features 3x HDMI ports, 2x USB ports, 1x Optical Digital Audio Output, 1x Ethernet Port, 1x Headphone port, 1x Component Y/Pb/PR, 1x Composite AV, and 1x RF In. The TV also has a built-in Wi-Fi.
In terms of remote, the remote is decent. We find the remote quite pleasing to use. All buttons can be reached and pressed by one hand. It has a dedicated Youtube and Netflix buttons. Other than that, you can expect the same usual things that you can see from any remote.
The Hisense H49N5500UK features a VA display panel that gives a deeper level of blacks and wider level of contrast ratios of around 2000:1 – 5000:1 with ‘dynamic contrast’ modes disabled. The colour reproduction is also excellent. Despite not having a wide gamut or colour gamut range, Hisense compensated that with the use of VA display panel. Enabling this TV to produce deeper colours and higher accuracy.
In dark rooms, we noticed some backlight bleeding after increasing the backlight level to 75. Increasing it further only worsens the bleeding though nothing extreme. This kind of issue is pretty much expected for this range of TV and it’s actually not bad at all. It’s not that destructive in a way that prevents you to enjoy your viewing experience. You will not even notice it if you’re watching a movie that’s on full screen.
The black levels are magnificent for this TV. The depth of black is deep making blacks look black and not grey at all. The colour is also stunningly amazing at most levels. Although it may come down to personal preference.
In terms of audio quality, the Hisense H49N5500UK is of the decent level. The 8W built-in speaker gets the job done but is not the best we have tried.
The loudness is quite okay but it can be an issue for larger rooms. The TV has 5 audio presets namely, Standard, Theatre, Music, Speech, and Late Night. Out of all these presents, we find Theatre to be the best option for all occasions.
In terms of gaming, the Hisense H49N5500UK is a well-performing TV. It features a 60 Hz refresh rate enabling you to enjoy video games running at a maximum frame rate of 60 frames per second without any tearing or ghosting.
The input lag is nothing remarkable and is pretty much expected from any TV. It has a <50ms average input lag rating which is okay. You will barely even notice the latency when playing a game but it can be crucial for any competitive gaming.
Our Verdict – Hisense H49N5500UK
As of this writing, Amazon offered this TV at the lowest price that you can afford. With the performance and selling price, this TV is by far one of the best TV you can grab for that price.
Overall, if you’re on a budget, we highly recommend considering this TV. Otherwise, if you can squeeze in a little more of your budget, try to look for better TV models.
- Best 49-Inch Ultra HD 4K Smart TV (2017) – https://topuptv.co.uk/best-49-inch-ultra-hd-4k-smart-tv-2017/
- Best Ultra HD 4K Smart TV Deals of 2017 – https://topuptv.co.uk/best-ultra-hd-4k-smart-tv-deals-of-2017/
- Hisense 32 inch HD Smart TV Slim and sleek Smart LED TV
- Easy to use - Smart TV with Quad Core processor
- Multiple connections for all your home entertainment products - 2 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 x Composite, 1 x Optical, Ethernet, WiFi & 3.5mm headphone socket
- Intelligent Sound by dbx-tv- Experience soundbar-like audio quality with advanced audio enhancement technologies - Total Sonics, Total Surround and Total Volume.
- VIDAA U Smart TV - access Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Freeview Play and Rakuten with direct access keys on remote.