In the last quarter of 2017, different brands are now releasing televisions that feature Ultra HD 4K with HDR. These TVs are 40 to 45 inches in display size which was quite rare in the early months of 2017.
Now, more models are becoming available at an affordable price. That includes the Philips 43PUS6162/12. This TV is being sold on Amazon. Is it worth investing or you’re better off with other models? Let’s find out.
- 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)
- Direct LED Backlight
- IPS Panel Display
- 60Hz Refresh Rate
- Pixel Plus Ultra HD
- 700 Picture Performance Index Rating
- HDR Plus
- MediaTek MT5802 Quad Core Processor
- 3x HDMI™ 2.0
- 2x USB2.0
- For more information, visit Philips Website.
The Philips 43PUS6162 is one of the latest 4K Ultra HD TV from Philips that supports HDR or as they call it, “HDR Plus”. This TV belongs to Philips 6000 series line up of 4K TVs.
In terms of picture quality performance, the Philips 43PUS6162 produces amazing picture quality. Such quality is pretty much expected from a TV that boasts Ultra HD, HDR Plus, and IPS display panel.
Its colour reproduction is almost lifelike. With the use of IPS display, this TV offers a stunning viewing experience and a wide viewing angle without any colour saturation of up to 170-degree viewing.
With the inclusion of HDR plus, the Philips 43PUS6162 is able to achieve a satisfying brightness of 400 nits. Although, it is not on par with TVs that come with HDR premium.
Lastly, with Philips proprietary digital filter image processing technology called Pixel Plus, it optimises picture quality depending on the content. This feature is able to deliver smooth, fluid images with extreme detail and depth.
Another worth mentioning is the use of direct lighting. The Philips 43PUS6162 uses a direct-led panel that employs local dimming. This basically improves the blackness of an image making darker scenes more realistic and shadows with deeper depth of detail and blackness.
In terms of gaming, the Philips 43PUS6162 has a rated input lag of 30ms which by far decent compared to other TVs at the same price. Furthermore, it has a native resolution of 60Hz which can accommodate 60 frames per second. Allowing you to fully enjoy a smooth gameplay without any hiccups or lags.
The colour reproduction and scene detail are amazing thanks to the use of IPS panel. It also has a game mode that can further enhance your gaming experience by turning off unnecessary image processing when playing video games.
The Philips 43PUS6162 is equipped with 2CH speakers that use 20W of power. In terms of audio quality, you can expect an average performance from the built-in speakers but nothing like a sound bar or a 5CH system.
When used in movies, the audio lacks some punch in bass and sometimes is weak although the quality is satisfactory given that these are just 20W speakers.
If you want a better experience especially when watching videos or movies, then we highly recommend pairing this TV with an external sound system or a sound bar that you can get from Amazon. Example of that is the Creative Sound Blaster.
Available on Amazon at the lowest price as of Sept 5, 2017, the Philips 43PUS6162 offers a ton of feature that many consumers will love to have for an affordable price. With the inclusion of HDR Plus and the use of IPS display, this TV produces amazing picture quality. Giving you a real value for your money.
Lastly, this TV is something that should be considered when you’re planning to buy a brand new 4K TV on a budget. It offers a decent gaming performance, average audio quality, and a stunning picture quality production. Although, the design is not to our liking.
- HDR Plus
- IPS and Ultra HD Pixel Plus
- Average Audio Quality
- Not Easy To Configure
- Limited Smart TV Functionality
- This 43 inch TV will turn your movie nights into a lively event. Thanks to the 4K UHD resolution, movies have vivid colours. Everything you watch on the TV 43 inch appears rich in detail.
- Thanks to Ambilight, the 43 inch smart TV takes the emotion into your living room. Hear every word with Dolby Atmos and enjoy a clear and crisp sound via full-range speakers.
- The clever way to enjoy your smart TV 43 inch: With one-button access to an icon-based menu, it is very easy to navigate through your favourite apps like Netfllix and YouTube.
- You can easily connect external devices to the television 43 inch thanks to HDMI and USB. It connects to the internet via Ethernet or WiFi.
- Included in delivery: Philips Ambilight 43PUS6704/12 TV 43 inch LED Smart TV (4K UHD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR 10+, Pixel Precise Ultra HD, Saphi Smart TV); remote control, tabletop stand