Today, we take a closer look at the Samsung QE55Q8C. A TV that is a premium and what looks like to be a curved version of the Q7F. In terms of specification, the Q7F and the Q8C uses the same QLED technology from Samsung. The Samsung QE55Q8C is an amazing TV on every aspect, but is it really worth spending much for this TV or are you better off with a different model? Let’s find out!
Samsung 55″ Q8C Curved QLED Ultra HD Premium HDR 1500 Smart TV
- Model Name: QE55Q8C
- 55-Inch Screen Size
- Q Display
- Ultra HD 4K Resolution (3840×2160)
- 4200R Screen Curvature
- 10 Bit Support
- SVA Display Panel Type
- Edge-LED Backlight
- 20 ms Input Lag
- 120 Hz Refresh Rate
- 3200 Picture Quality Index Rating
- QHDR 1500
- 400 x 400 VESA
- Analog & DVB-T/T2/C/S/S2/T2 HD
- Quad Core Processor
- Tizen 3.0 Operating System
- 4.2 CH Front Firing Dolby Digital Plus Speakers
- Dual Band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x USB 3.0
- 4 x HDMI 2.0
- For more information, visit Samsung Website.
- 58inch qled 2020 model
The Samsung QE55Q8C is Samsung’s newest offering in their curved TV series. Mixing up Samsung’s Quantum Dot Technology, making this TV one of the best TV for the year 2017.
In terms of design, this TV is slim with a light metallic frame finish.
The Samsung QE55Q8C is capable of performing really well in terms of picture quality reproduction. Out of the box, it offers outstanding black levels and excellent colour accuracy. Despite being an Edge-LED backlight TV, it has impressive deep black levels. Added to that, it offers subtle light and deep detail of colour in darkest areas. Clouding or striping is bare to almost not noticeable given that this is an edge lit TV.
The colour reproduction amazingly stands out in darker scenes with high levels of vibrancy and a wide range of colour pallets. This TV is capable of achieving 1500 nits of brightness. During our test, we were able to see around 1380 nits while playing through the HDR configuration at best.
Overall, the Samsung QE55Q8C gives a stunning brightness, deep blacks, and exceptional levels of colours. Giving you an immersive viewing experience with the addition of Samsung’s latest motion processing. Allowing this TV to perform and produce spectacular sharpness too.
The Samsung QE55Q8C QLED Ultra HD 4K Smart TV offers an exceptional performance in terms of playing video games. It boasts a native refresh rate of 120 Hz, allowing you to enjoy video games with frame rates of up to 120 frames per second. Making every scene of the game smooth and fluid. As long as your console or hardware allows you to run your video games at 120 FPS.Another worth mentioning is its amazing low input lag for a TV. It merely has a 20ms input lag in game mode and an average response time of 10ms. Making this TV a hardcore gamer friendly.
The Samsung QE55Q8C has a surprisingly effective audio performance despite its slender design. Cranking up its volume uncovers the amazing sound quality that has enough power give a sense of 3D sound during action movies.
Its built-in speakers are quite expansive, ensuring that the sound doesn’t become thin. Although truth be told, its audio is not something that offers a premium sense of audio quality. It just happened that this TV sounds better than what we anticipated.
The Samsung QE55Q8C is really a wonderful TV and it really performs well. The combination of its brightness and the use of Edge LED backlighting system can really do wonders for its display however, we did notice some backlight distractions and banding during dark-room viewing but on a minimal level.
The QLED approach and design of this TV deliver extremes quality for HDR contents. Giving you a high level of colour reproduction, high level of brightness, and a deep level of black without losing details. Making any other TV nothing if compared to this TV. It’s also worth mentioning that it performs exceptionally well with SDR contents too.
Lastly, the brilliance and contrast of this TV are by the far best we have seen for a 55-inch TV.
- 120Hz Refresh Rate and 20ms Input Lag For Gamers
- HDR10, HDR10+ and HLG HDR support
- Exceptional HDR Performance and Bright Colourful Pictures
- Curved TV is Divisive
- SRP is Expensive
- Some Banding Issues
- Samsung's QLED is certified to deliver 100% colour volume. QLED technology, unlike others, is able to transform light into breath-taking colour without degradation over time
- Relax with a TV that adapts to give you the very best 4K picture, targeted sound and personalised TV recommendations. Experience a smarter way to watch and enjoy TV
- Stay one step ahead of the competition with picture and sound that adapts as fast as you game. Never miss an overtaking move in your favourite racing game thanks to incredibly low lag rates
- Turn your TV screen into a decorative feature, displaying useful information, your own photos or by blending it into your surroundings. Just take a picture, upload it to your TV and blend it into your décor making the big blank screen a thing of the past
- QLED senses nearby colours in the room and applies them to a beautiful design on screen