Today, we take a look at one of the cheapest UHD TV on the market, the Toshiba 43U6763DB. It has a selling price that you can surely afford. Is this TV worth considering given the price or you better expect what you should expect from a cheap UHD TV. Let’s find out!
- Ultra HD (4K) | 3840 x 2160
- Toshiba U67 Series
- 42.5-Inch Display Size
- 10 Panel Bit Depth (8 + FRC)
- Frame Rate Control
- Direct-LED Backlight
- VA Display Panel
- 60 Hz Refresh Rate
- 20W 2Ch Speakers
- 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHZ & a/n 5GHz
- 72% Luminance
- 4x HDMI™ 2.0
- USB 1x USB3.0 + 2x USB2.0
- Digital Tuner HD DVB-T2/C/S2
- 1000 Total Picture Quality Rating
- Dual Core Processor
- For more information, visit Toshiba.
The Toshiba 43U6763DB features a native display of 3840 x 2160 which is the standard pixel count for an Ultra HD 4K display. It also features a VA display panel paired with a Direct-LED display system. VA (Vertical Alignment) panels combine the advantages of IPS and TN panels.
VA panels have…
- the advantage of higher refresh rates,
- better colour reproduction,
- higher maximum brightness,
- better viewing angles.
VA panels also do have excellent contrast ratios. With the inclusion of DLED or Direct-LED Panel System, the black levels of this TV are dramatically improved and enhanced.
It also has an upscaling system that scales the original resolution of any video to 4K. Giving you a better and likeable viewing experience. However, don’t expect miracles. Despite having an upscaling feature, a video or movie with lower resolution, lower than 1080p, is unpleasant to watch. Yes, the scale is there but the quality is not on par with videos that are 4K in content.
Lastly, despite having the basic features of a 4K UHD TV, the picture quality of this TV is by far above satisfactory. It’ll make you feel like you bought something that should have been more expensive than its selling price. But heck, that is the selling point of this TV.
In terms of I/O, this TV features 4 HDMI 2.0 that allows you to feed this TV with 4K videos and are running at 60 frames per second for that smoother and fluid playback.
The Toshiba 43U6763DB will be loved by gamers as a TV monitor. It has a native refresh rate of 60Hz and supports HDMI 2.0. Allowing you to enjoy your video games at 60 frames per second for that smoother gameplay. Furthermore, you can play your video games at 4K resolution running at 60 frames per second, only if your PC or Console is capable to do so.
Another worth mentioning in terms of gaming is its input lag. Our test on the Toshiba 43U6763DB shows that it has an average input lag latency of 38 ms which is not bad, to be honest. It’s actually a good input lag rate despite being an entry and affordable level TV.
So if you’re thinking about purchasing a good gaming TV monitor, you might want to include this TV to your top choices.
The Toshiba 43U6763DB features 2 speakers that use 20W of power. To be honest, the audio loudness and quality are above average but it is definitely weak if you’re watching a movie. For casual use such as watching the news, cartoons, etc… the audio is okay. Other than that, watching live games, movies, etc… you may want to consider adding a separate audio system such as a soundbar.
The audio quality and loudness of this TV doesn’t pack a punch and will definitely leave you wanting more from it.
If you want a 4K Ultra HD TV that features a Smart system, then you should include this TV to your list of choices. You can get a 4K TV that features a VA display panel with a wide range of gamma and colour palette on Amazon, making this TV outstanding for its price. It also has a great colour accuracy but definitely not on par with high-end TVs. Heck, that’s the selling point of this TV.
For gamers, you will definitely appreciate this TV although we still highly recommend gaming oriented monitors for those hardcore gamers such as the LG 25UM58-P.
- Affordable Price
- 4K UHD VA DLED Display
- Dual Band and Bluetooth
- Average Audio Quality
- Dual Core Instead of Quad Core
- No HDR Support
- Toshiba’s TRU picture technology provides smooth, upscaled and more detailed viewing whatever you’re watching, TRU Micro Dimming improves contrast, focussing on all the different regions of the image
- Watch 4K HDR content in all its glory, Dolby Vision HDR transforms your TV experience with ultravivid picture quality, when compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver colors never before seen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker
- Dolby Audio Processing provides an enhanced experience whatever you’re watching, with richer, clearer and more powerful sound
- Controlling your TV with your voice has never been easier, simply connect to either an Echo, Echo Dot or Google Home Mini device – the choice is yours
- From the latest movies and trending music to your favourite boxsets, we've got it all, the top streaming apps including Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video and Freeview Play built in as standard up to date and ready to go