Have you ever wanted to have an amazing sound system in your home, with a sleek design that could enhance the aesthetic of your home, while impressing your guests? Having a Sonos sound system would do all of that and even more. Although they are a little pricey, everyone that experiences these devices describes them with one word: Amazing! Some of the pros of buying these products are that they work with loads of speakers which can be placed in several rooms around the house and they can function independently of each other.
The devices are installed and controlled by the Sonos App and they work with almost any system from radio to Spotify. The box includes the player, an optical cord and a power cord for easy installation.
Some of the cons are that the additional speakers, the box does not indicate that you need a smart device, all tv’s don’t have an optical output and you have to purchase the subwoofer separately. Also, the products are a little bulky.
Reviews of the Best Sonos Sound System
Introducing the Sonos Ray Soundbar – a game-changer in the world of audio technology. Sonos has once again raised the bar with this sleek and powerful soundbar that promises to transform your TV and music listening experiences.
With its cutting-edge features, immersive sound quality, and seamless integration with your smart devices, the Sonos Sound System is set to elevate your home entertainment to new heights. Get ready to immerse yourself in rich, room-filling sound as we explore the innovation and brilliance behind the Sonos Ray Soundbar.
- Blockbuster sound right in your living room: Experience an immersive soundscape right in your living room with the Sonos RAY soundbar with wifi connectivity and music streaming capabilities
- Sound that blows you away: Custom anti-distortion technology, plus expertly engineered woofers for mid-range frequencies and two tweeters give your movies, music and games richer, more balanced audio
- Go from unboxing to unbelievable: With set up taking only minutes, simply tuck the Sonos RAY into your TV or mount it; featuring face forward acoustics to minimize interference from nearby surfaces
- Smooth and versatile: Connect your RAY to any Sonos WiFi speaker to create a sound system for the whole house, allowing you to listen to different songs in different rooms or listen together
- Stream your favourites from your favourites. When the TV is off, play music, radio, podcasts, and audiobooks from all your services over WiFi using the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and more
Enter the world of premium sound and smart connectivity with the Sonos One Smart Speaker Set. Designed to deliver exceptional audio performance and seamless integration with your smart home devices, this set of smart speakers redefines how you experience music, movies, and more.
With voice control, multi-room capabilities, and access to popular streaming services, the Sonos One Smart Speaker Set offers the ultimate convenience and versatility in your audio setup. Get ready to immerse yourself in crystal-clear sound and embark on a journey of unparalleled entertainment as we delve into the impressive features of the Sonos One Smart Speaker Set.
- The Sonos Smart Speaker One combines rich, room-filling sound with the innovative Alexa voice control - just stream music with your voice or use apps like news, traffic and smart home.
- The sound system for the whole home: the four multiroom speakers can be connected to any Sonos speaker via WLAN / two speakers in the same room produce great stereo sound.
- Whether you are cooking, showering or sleeping, you can easily select, skip, repeat or pause songs with the Alexa voice control as well as via the app - all around the house.
- From music lovers for music lovers: Regular updates of the speaker system with new features, services and skills ensure that Sonos speakers get better over time
- Box contents: 4 x Sonos One, 4 x power cables, 4 x flat Ethernet cable, 1 x quick start guide / compact Sonos WLAN speaker with Alexa and AirPlay / absolute data protection thanks to LED speaker indicator.
Introducing the Sonos Sub (Gen3) – the powerhouse of bass that takes your audio experience to a whole new level. Crafted by Sonos, a pioneer in premium audio, this wireless subwoofer is designed to deliver deep, heart-pounding bass, adding an incredible dimension to your music, movies, and games.
With its sleek design and easy setup, the Sonos Sound System seamlessly integrates with your existing Sonos speakers to create a truly immersive soundstage. Say goodbye to ordinary audio and embrace the thundering impact of the Sonos Sub (Gen3) as we explore its cutting-edge features and the enhanced audio experience it brings to your home.
Get ready to feel the music and connect with your entertainment in ways you never thought possible.
- Start and control your music with your voice and Alexa is built right in
- Combine voice with the Sonos app to easily manage all your streaming services
- Connect wirelessly to other Sonos speakers to enjoy clear sound in any or every room
- Enjoy surprisingly rich sound from a compact speaker
- Second generation Sonos ONE with increased memory and updated processor
This midrange speaker can be used with other Sonos speakers or independently. The setup and function are the same, which makes them compatible to work together. The pros are that it has sufficient bass and mid tones due to the built in bass radiator.
All Sonos speakers can be used with the bridge (sold separately), and an Ethernet cable which connects to your router. The speakers can also come with a wall mount (sold separately). And, if you play two of them at the same time, you can create a stereo sound.
- Introducing Sonos Five, The high-fidelity speaker for superior sound
- Five's unrivaled acoustic design features three high-excursion woofers within a sealed architecture that eliminates reverb and echo.
- High-fidelity sound for music and more
- Works with all your streaming services and Apple AirPlay 2
- Line-in port for connecting a turntable or other device
Welcome to pure and uninterrupted sound with the Sonos One SL (White). This smart speaker is a testament to Sonos’ commitment to delivering exceptional audio quality without voice control. Perfectly blending into any space with its elegant white design, the Sonos One SL offers a seamless way to enjoy your favorite music, podcasts, and more.
With its effortless setup and compatibility with other Sonos Sound System, the Sonos One SL creates a harmonious multi-room audio experience. Join us as we uncover the brilliance of this compact and powerful speaker, designed to bring music to every corner of your home with pristine clarity and rich detail. Get ready to immerse yourself in a world of sound as we explore the Sonos One SL.
- Compact design fits just about any space and put it on your kitchen countertop or tuck it away on your office bookshelf
- Airplay 2 on Sonos - stream sound directly from your iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music. Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher
- Small but powerful one SL features two Class-D amplifiers ideally tuned to its unique acoustic architecture
- Stereo sound with two pair with Sonos one or another one SL in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound
- Use a pair as rear home theatre surrounds with PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or beam
The benefits of going with the Sonos line are that the name Sonos is synonymous with quality sound, the speakers are top notch and provide consistent quality based off of Wi-Fi. They are equipped with power cords, so you don’t have to worry about charging a battery and they meet all of your sound needs from simple listening to major entertainment.
The major con is the price. The sound bar and the subwoofer are both cost in affordable price. However, if you have the money to spend on quality equipment, these speakers will not let you down. There are other alternative devices that could provide you with a similar experience.
Some purchasers were extremely satisfied with the purchase even though it was way out of their budget. Others experienced it but opted for another brand because they thought it was too heavy in the pockets. Having a surround sound system in your home is not a necessity of life, however, it is a nice amenity for personal enjoyment and entertaining.
If the Sonos Sound System are too expensive, you can opt to buy a play:3 speakers instead, or mix and match according to your personal preferences. Another con is the bulkiness of the products. If you have a small living space, the soundbar and two subwoofers could be overwhelming for both you and the neighbours.
The devices are engineered to prevent treble and shaking, but they would still require adequate spacing to function properly. All in all, be wise in your purchasing decisions.