We have reviewed the best TV DVD combi sets available in the UK and have shortlisted 5 best models that are worth your money because let’s face it, not everyone has space, enough to keep various devices and boxes that go along with your TV these days. These best Tv did combo TVs are machines where you don’t need an external DVD player or even streaming boxes and come in various sizes to suit everyone’s needs.
The most common size in this category is 32 Inch, however, there are some manufacturers which make as large as 40-inch screens. Apart from DVD players, most of them have Freeview capability and some even come with Netflix and other streaming apps pre-installed.
Advantages of Best TV DVD Combi
Many people find the need to reduce the number of devices in their living rooms. Or simply need another one for the conservatory or Kitchen. A TV DVD Combi helps users avoid the hassle of moving the DVD player every time they move their television set. With a TV DVD Combi, it is easy to mount the single piece of television without having the DVD player hanging around as a separate unit.
With such convenience, it’s an ideal choice for students and people with space constraints in their house.
Ideal for Freeview
Most TV DVD Combos come with inbuilt Freeview tuners. This gives users over 60 channels that they can start watching immediately without having to buy paid services or install separate set-top boxes.
A separate indoor aerial may be required in poor signal areas though.
Portability and Low Power Consumption
With the single unit to carry, they are good traveling companions. TV DVD Combis are travel-convenient.
A major advantage of these combos is that they come with a special power port that can be easily hooked to the power source of a boat or a camper thus making it very ideal for outdoor environments. This is also made possible by their minimal power consumption.
They’re cheap – available for as low as £100 going up to £300. Users are able to watch their television and watch movies using the same set. The cheap cost is also due to the many competitors in the market selling similar units.
With TVs that have DVD players built-in, users have less wiring to deal with. Wires are one source of clutter in most living spaces.
With a separate TV and DVD player, there will always be two power cables and an extra signal cable to connect the two devices. That makes three cables in total.
With a TV DVD combo, there is the only cable to deal with, which is the power source for the whole unit.
This is another advantage of the Best TV DVD Combi.
Poor Picture Quality
With the combined features and cheap costs, many TV DVD combos have poor picture quality. Improving the image quality means a higher cost, which is not possible since they cannot compete with already established brands offering an advanced television set at the same price.
Available only in Small Sizes
Most TVs with DVD are only available at 20, 27 inches and 32 inches (although recently there has been a 40-inch model). As such, a consumer who wants a bigger screen size will opt for the normal television instead of buying the TV with DVD built-in.
Not Manufactured by the Big Television Companies
The UK’s big 4 television manufacturing companies LG, Samsung, Sony and Panasonic are not involved in this market. Instead, they are manufactured by companies such as Sharp, Finlux, Kogan and Toshiba.
Problems in Fixing and Upgrading
If someone buys a TV DVD combo and later buys a television with a bigger screen, they will have to buy an extra DVD player. This is because the one inside the combo is not removable.
The DVD component of the Best TV DVD combi gets spoilt faster than the TV. If the DVD player is broken, the whole unit has to be fixed and the user won’t be able to use the TV while the whole set is being repaired.
Other emerging better and more stable storage mediums
Since the online streaming services like Netflix and Amazon became popular, DVDs are losing its footage in the market and With the ever decreasing prices of USB sticks, Network Attached Storage Devices and other storage mediums people rarely ever need DVDs to store the data.
Cheapest Best TV DVD Combi
BUSH 24IN FULL HD 1080P LED TV
This HD Ready LED TV/DVD combi is an ideal TV designed to meet several uses. The menu system is easy to use and comes with a programming guide. Aside from the Best TV DVD Combi, this device focuses on the functionality itself.
This DVD combi allows the user to record content with the PVR functionality.
- Energy class rating of A for minimal power consumption
- This TV with built-in DVD player has HDMI slot and a USB 2.0.
- With a 7 day programming and PVR functionality, users can record their favourite content for later viewing.
- It is sleek, slim and stylish and very ideal to be mounted on a wall for maximum space efficiency.
- Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB), Digital video broadcasting (DVB) subtitles available
- This Sharp LED TV can be connected to an array of devices using the 2 x HDMI, SCART, USB, Component, Composite and Digital Optical Audio ports. It can be used on a table top/stand/TV unit or wall mounted.
- Freeview Play is live and on demand. You can watch catch up through your TV guide and stay on top of the last seven days’ viewing, so all your favourite shows are available when you want them.
- With the smart capability of Sharp you can access a range of apps, such as Netflix, YouTube and BBC Iplayer, direct to your TV. Screen share with your smart device using Miracast.
- A compact unit with a multitude of features such as DTS TruSurround, Freeview HD and PVR recording, the 1T-C24BC0KR1FB is ideal for use in the Kitchen, Bedroom or Lounge.
- The slim, lightweight design is ideal for wall mounting and also comes with an easy fit stand. The built-in Freeview HD means less wires and less boxes.
22″ LED FULL HD BEST TV DVD COMBI WITH FREEVIEW
With a price of about a hundred, it gives the user a wide variety of uses. It can support multiple connections with the two HDMI ports and a USB port; the menu system is easy to use with a 7-day programming guide and has an inbuilt Freeview HD. One of the best Best TV DVD Combi on our list.
- Slim and lightweight making it very efficient in space use. It can also be mounted on a wall
- With a built Freeview and PVR function, users can record, pause and rewind live TV.
- Resolution is Full HD 1080p
- A+ Energy Efficiency
- The 75Hz refresh rate delivers a more fluid picture. Whether you're catching up on your favorite TV drama, watching a video, or playing a game, your entertainment is smooth with no lag or ghosting effect.
- AMD Radeon FreeSync keeps your monitor and graphics card refresh rate in sync to reduced image tear and stutter. Watch movies and play games without any interruptions.
- Connect to more. With both HDMI and D-sub ports, multiple devices can be plugged straight into your monitor for complete flexibility
- The 3-sided bezel-less screen and slim Y-shaped stand bring a minimalist look. In a dual monitor setup, the displays line up for a nearly gapless view.
- Ideal game settings instantly give you the edge. Get optimal color settings and image contrast to see scenes more vividly and spot enemies hiding in the dark.
Best DVD Combi
Hitachi 32HYJ46U 32 Inch Full HD 1080p Smart TV
The Hitachi 32HYJ46U has been designed with a sleek space-saving design for users with limited space. The Smart Features also open up a whole host of possibilities, allowing you to connect up to your internet via an ethernet cable and access catch up TV and other apps with ease. Adding a compatible wireless dongle (not included) allows you to connect wirelessly – making this TV even more convenient! It is further enhanced with SRS sound system for those seeking a cinema-like experience and perfect home theatre surround system.
All these aspects make this device one of the Best TV DVD Combi on our list.
- Minimal energy consumption with a class A rating
- Built-in Freeview HD
- Slim and sleek space-saving design
- Crystal clear image quality
- LED technology with advanced backlighting system for picture clarity
- Wi-Fi Ready Dongle Required
- 60cm LED HDTV TV
- Dimensions with base (W x H x D in cm) 55.4 x 37.1 x 13.5 cm
- 400 BPI
- Connected : SMART TV
Supermarket 32″ LED TV DVD Combi
Continuing its place in our list from our last review earlier this year this TV combines all the amazing features together, this is one of the Best LED TV DVD Combi that has a sleek design and can be mounted on the wall to save space.
- Latest brand
- Full HD 1080p
- Built-in Freeview
- True Surround Sound for crisp sound quality
- Advanced Picture Processing Technology for clear and quality images.
- Free delivery in the UK