If you are wondering about the term OLED and its relevancy to televisions, then you’ve come to the right place. In this simple article, we explain and give definition to the question “What is an OLED TV?”.
|1||LG OLED55CX5LB 55" 4K Ultra HD OLED Smart TV||£1,198.00 £1,145.00||Buy on Amazon UK|
|2||LG 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa||£1,578.00||Buy on Amazon UK|
|3||LG OLED55GX6LA 55" 4K Ultra HD OLED Smart TV||£1,497.00||Buy on Amazon UK|
|4||OLED77CX6LA 77" 4K Ultra HD OLED Smart TV||£3,199.00||Buy on Amazon UK|
|5||OLED65GX6LA 65" 4K Ultra HD OLED Smart TV||£2,098.00||Buy on Amazon UK|
As a starter, OLED is basically an acronym referring to an organic light-emitting diode. It is a type of LED the provides illumination when fed with electricity.
What is an OLED TV?
- 4K Ultra HD
- webOS Smart Platform
- TV Energy Efficiency Class A
- Screen Size in " 55
OLED TV is basically an acronym referring to organic light-emitting diode television. These are a type of TV that uses OLED as its display panel instead of a plain LED or LCD. Added to that, OLED display panels are capable of turning each individual pixel off allowing the TV to achieve perfect black colours with infinite contrast while boasting ultra-thin screens. This then makes TVs very efficient and ultimately, eco-friendly.
Difference Between OLED TV and LED TV
Basically, the main difference between LED TV and OLED TV is very simple. LED TVs uses LED backlights to illuminate a Liquid Crystal Display to produce a picture. OLED, on the other hand, uses an organic substance that glows when fed with an electric current.
Overall, TVs produces superior colour reproduction and allows individual pixels to switch off while others are on. This then enables TVs to produce true blacks and superior contrast. OLED technology also reduces the thickness and weight of the TV – creating TVs with ultra-thin, sleek forms.
Advantages of OLED TVs and LED TVs
We aim to provide the simplest information that you can find online, so we will put in simple sentences the advantages of each type of TVs.
Advantages of OLED TV
- Perfect Black Level
- Superior Colour
- Infinite Contrast Ratio
- Viewing Angle
- Black, Grey, White Uniformity
- Superior Picture Quality
Advantages of LED TV
- Price – Affordability
- Screen Sizes – Up to 100 Inches
- Resistance to Burn-In
- Brightness Level
- With this smart Tv, you will enjoy a completely new TV experience. Thanks to its 4K UHD resolution (3.840 x 2.160), this TV delivers a crystal-clear picture with stunning contrasts. The OLED technology of the 4K TV guarantees superb brightness and vivid colours.
- Enjoy an amazing picture thanks to Philips' P5 Perfect Picture Engine and HDR 10+. With this 55 inch TV, you can enjoy deeper blacks and brighter whites. Colours are vivid and lifelike and the motion will be very smooth.
- With the help of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, the OLED TV delivers a stunning viewing experience. Enjoy a great contrast and brightness as well as spacious sound with clarity, detail, and depth.
- No longer rely on the regular TV program. Thanks to Saphi Smart TV, the 55 inch smart TV opens up the whole world of digital entertainment to you. The built-in Alexa feature allows you to use your voice to navigate through the menu, change channels, or simply select your favourite movie or TV series.
- Included in delivery: Philips Ambilight 55OLED754/12 TV 55 inch OLED Smart TV (4K UHD, P5 Perfect Picture Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR 10+, Saphi Smart TV, Alexa built-in) black (2019/2020 model); TV, legal and safety brochure, mini-jack to L/R cable, mini-jack to YPbPr cable, power cord, quick start guide, remote control, table top stand, batteries
Overall, TVs are by far superior in terms of performance. Though it outshines any LED TVs, it still has its own disadvantages such as burn-in issues and brightness level that’s not on par with LED TVs. With that in mind, LED TVs has their own merits such as its pricing and screen size availability.
So if you are looking for the best TV that’s capable of producing superb and mind-blowing picture quality, then TVs are the way to go for. On the other hand, if you want excellent picture quality but does not break the bank then LED TVs are to go for.